Penang is arguably one of Asia's best street food destinations. Penang food is the cuisine of the multicultural society of Penang, Malaysia. Most of these cuisine are sold at road-side stalls or pushcarts, known as "street food" or "hawker food". It offers a mix of traditional Malay, Chinese and Indian dishes, as well as fusion cuisines such as Baba Nyonya, or Peranakan, which incorporates regional ingredients and Chinese, Malay and Thai cooking methods. It is popular among locals and tourists alike. All of Penang street foods can be found in hawker centres and shop houses throughout George Town.
Combine this with the city's collection of historic buildings in various styles, from old English colonial mansions to classical Chinese shophouses and Islamic mosques, and you have a city made for walking and eating. Local Penangites typically find these hawker fares cheaper and easier to eat out at due to the ubiquitous hawker stalls and that they are open for much of the day and night. On February 22, 2013, Penang was ranked by CNN Travel as one of the top ten street food cities in Asia. Penang has also been voted by Lonely Planet as the top culinary destination in 2014. To top it off, Penang has recently been named 2nd out of 17 best places to visit in 2017 by CNN, thanks to its world famous hawker foods.
Select one of the food routes from the selection below and in between foods tasting session, will visit to 1 or 2 attraction places close by the hawker center.
Route 1 - Mamak Mee Goreng Sotong (Indian Muslim style fried noodle with cuttlefish), Char Koay Teow (fried flat noodle with cockle), White Curry Mee (White Curry noodle with coconut milk), Chendol (a dessert make of glutinous rice in coconut milk), Assam Laksa (spicy and sour fish broth noodle), Nasi Kandar (Indian Muslim curry pole rice), Kueh Chiap (special handmade rice noodle in duck broth), and others.
Route 2 - Nasi Lemak bungkus (banana leaf wrapped coconut milk rice), Koay Teow Th'ng (flat noodle soup), Prawn Fritter, Hokkien mee (prawn noodle), Curry Mee (curry noodle), Chendol (a dessert make of glutinous rice in coconut milk), Assam Laksa (spicy and sour fish broth noodle), and others.
Route 3 - Hokkien Mee (prawn noodle), Curry Mee (curry noodle), Chee Cheong Fun (Sausage shape noodle), Char Koay Teow (fried flat noodle), Cuttlefish with Kangkong (Cuttlefish with water convolvulus), Rojak (mixed fruits salad with special sauce), Popiah (spring rolls), Assam Laksa (spicy and sour fish broth noodle), prawn fritters, Chendol (a dessert make of glutinous rice in coconut milk), and others.
After finish the tour you will transported to your hotel /drop - off point safely.
Per Person $50 USD
Note: We need minimum 2 persons to execute this tour
Package Services Exclude:
- Professional experienced English speaking guide to do commentary on attractions and foods
- Hotel Pick up and drop off (within George town)
- Air Conditioned Vehicle, fuel and Parking
- All taxes and service charges
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- Any other tickets
- Do leave an empty stomach before start of tour.
- Please inform tour guide if you have medical condition, foods allergy, religious concern
- or any other things that needed to be let known to the tour guide.
- You know yourself better than anyone else. You can ask for less sugar, or less spicy or
- omit certain ingredients to the food operator.
- Foods taste are subjective and depends on individual liking and/or its acquired taste. Be
- open to taste new foods. Ask your guide or the food proprietor if you are not sure. Order
- food to share first instead of a big plate/bowl for yourself.
- Be open minded to the ambience of certain location of hawker stalls or hawker centers.
- Duration of tour may varies depending on weather, traffic, attraction open hours, hawker
- or hawker center open hours, order congestion or late arrival of customer, customer's
- cruise ship or plane.
- In some case where the said hawker for certain hawker foods may not be opened at the
- time of visit, it will be substituted with same hawker foods from other hawker or hawker
- Take a lot of pictures but do not waste foods.
Departures: 10:00 Am or 4:00 Pm
Payment: We accept Payment on arrival by Cash. But, for booking email us / use booking form.
FOR BOOKING THIS TOUR:
What's App: +60147174183